Books are more than a words

Oct 19, 2012

Book review: Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry


Pushing the limits
Author: Katie McGarry
Pages: 392
Goodreads AVG Rating: 4.28
Source: ARC provided by pubisher via NetGa
Summary/ Add here
No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal. But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible. 
Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.

My POV

And I finally read the popular and beloved Pushing the Limits. I have to say that the book is very good, and not anything that I imagined.
From the beginning of the story I found a Echo trapped in maintain appearances and completely "submissive" to the will of his father.
After that, came the mystery of her scars and the need that this book gives you to know the truth.

And it's not just about  Echo, the book has alternating viewpoints between her and the HOT Noah Hutchins.
Commonly, I read books that are narrated in the first person by a single narrator, but this time, I liked the alternated between him and her. In this way, it made me feel a little closer to the characters, and gave me the idea to learn more about the facts behind the circumstances.

Pushing the limits, is a story about love (which is not at first sight), true friendship, the importance of family togetherness and how people can learn to heal despite their scars are very deep.

For some strange reason I'm still trying to understand, I really liked the book, but it wasn't one of my super favorite, even though it has all the factors needed to be.
It is always good to read some real romance, plus this deep emotions and descriptions, which were heavy and well built.

If there was anything I did not like this book, and perhaps that was my only problem, is the way in which Noah was referring to Echo in his head. Not that it was bad at all, but I think it was a way of thinking too cheesy for a guy like Noah (Thanks to Ari for reminding me).

The characters were realistic and a important role in the life of Echo and Noah.
I felt that none of them was superfluous or just be there to take an empty place.

The ending was hopeful and left me with a big smile on his face. Maybe in real life circumstances things do not end this way, but it gives the impression that even the worst wounds can heal and you can find happiness.
0

0 POVs:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)