Books are more than a words

Feb 15, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles Trilogy #1) by Jodi Meadows



 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine

 What I'm waiting for...

 


Before
Mira Minkoba is the Hopebearer. Since the day she was born, she’s been told she’s special. Important. Perfect. She’s known across the Fallen Isles not just for her beauty, but for the Mira Treaty named after her, a peace agreement which united the seven islands against their enemies on the mainland.

But Mira has never felt as perfect as everyone says. She counts compulsively. She struggles with crippling anxiety. And she’s far too interested in dragons for a girl of her station.

After

Then Mira discovers an explosive secret that challenges everything she and the Treaty stand for. Betrayed by the very people she spent her life serving, Mira is sentenced to the Pit–the deadliest prison in the Fallen Isles. There, a cruel guard would do anything to discover the secret she would die to protect.

No longer beholden to those who betrayed her, Mira must learn to survive on her own and unearth the dark truths about the Fallen Isles–and herself–before her very world begins to collapse.

Jodi Meadows’s new Fallen Isles series blazes with endangered magic, slow-burn romance, and inner fire.


*****
 
Why am I waiting on this book? I mean, why not? I'm DYING for this book! Dragons! and two moons! (this is weird, but I love stories set in worlds with two moons) and one of the most beautiful covers I've ever seen! I hope I (and everybody) love it!

What about you?


2

2 comments:

  1. I liked Meadows' The Orphan Queen and The Mirror King, and I think this series will be pretty awesome as well. Dragons, yaaaassss. :D I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful week, Lis. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)