Books are more than a words

Jan 29, 2016

Some Books Ago: Hollowland by Amanda Hocking


Every Tuesday I post about the new books I discover. So, I wanted to give a shout out to all those books published some years ago, I don't want to you to forget them!


I read this book some years ago, so I don’t really remember how good it was. I gave it 4 stars, so I guess I liked it.

What I remember is how much I loved Lazlo! Maybe someday I will re-read it and read the sequels.
Check it out! 

Hollowland was published on  October 6th 2010 by Amanda Hocking


 


Summary:

"This is the way the world ends - not with a bang or a whimper, but with zombies breaking down the back door."

Nineteen-year-old Remy King is on a mission to get across the wasteland left of America, and nothing will stand in her way - not violent marauders, a spoiled rock star, or an army of flesh-eating zombies.
12

12 comments:

  1. Sounds good!! I have never read any of her books, but I have Frostfire sitting on my shelf. Just waiting to be read... Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read this one and Wake, and though I liked them, I never continued the series. Maybe someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't Amanda Hocking the writer of the Trylle trilogy? I read those books a very long time ago, and remember really liking them :)
    This one sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's her! I never read that series, but I hear it was great!

      Delete
  4. Why do I have a feeling that rock star will be more tiresome than zoombies?

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, I thought the same :)

      Delete
  5. I remember getting this one for free! I've read Hocking's Trylle trilogy and Kanin trilogy, both of which were excellent. :D

    Lovely post, Lis! Have a fabulous weekend. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that! but sadly I never had the chance to read them!

      Delete
  6. I love that you spotlight some older books! I have a personal goal this year to read some older ones. I'm trying to rotate between books published in the last year and then some older ones that I never got to... I feel like I missed so many great ones.

    I read Hocking's Trylle trilogy a long long long time ago and loved it. I'm so happy she is actually published now, she is talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she's so talented! I read Wake and I really liked it.
      I have that goal, too! I hope you reach it this year!

      Delete
  7. OMG I did read this book and its sequel back-to-back ages ago. SO GOOD. And creepy. A word of advice? Do NOT read the sequel in a hospital. I made that mistake and I almost puked/fainted in front of everyone LOL. You'll get me when you read it, trust me.

    Melissa @ The Reader and the Chef

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! lol! I'm really curious to read that part now!

      Delete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)