Books are more than a words

May 15, 2015

The Fill-in Boyfriend by Kasie West

The Fill-in Boyfriend
Author: Kasie West
My Rating: 4 stars
Summary:
When Gia Montgomery's boyfriend, Bradley, dumps her in the parking lot of her high school prom, she has to think fast. After all, she'd been telling her friends about him for months now. This was supposed to be the night she proved he existed. So when she sees a cute guy waiting to pick up his sister, she enlists his help. The task is simple: be her fill-in boyfriend— two hours, zero commitment, a few white lies. After that, she can win back the real Bradley.
The problem is that days after prom, it's not the real Bradley she's thinking about, but the stand-in. The one whose name she doesn't even know. But tracking him down doesn't mean they're done faking a relationship. Gia owes him a favor and his sister intends to see that he collects: his ex-girlfriend's graduation party — three hours, zero commitment, a few white lies.
Just when Gia begins to wonder if she could turn her fake boyfriend into a real one, Bradley comes waltzing back into her life, exposing her lie, and threatening to destroy her friendships and her new-found relationship. 


****


I’ve always been a huge fan of Kasie West, specially her contemporary books.
I adore The Distance Between Us. It’s probably my favorite contemporary ever! That’s why I was so excited to finally read The Fill-in Boyfriend. I knew I’d find all those things I love about her writing there.
And I wasn’t wrong.
I love Kasie West’s dialogues. I think her characters are always charismatic and smart. And as I started reading The Fill-in Boyfriend I couldn’t help but smile like a little girl when the main characters meet each other.
The characters in this book were well created and real. I loved the dynamics between them even when I knew something was wrong. 

I loved to read how Gia grew throughout the story. Though, I think the change was too fast and sudden.
Anyway, that didn’t make me like the book less.
Also, Kasie West writes the cutest book boyfriends ever! I adored the easy relationship between Gia and “the boy.” Since I didn’t read the summary before I started to read it, I didn’t know what his name was, and I enjoyed so much trying to guess it along with Gia.

The only problem I had with The Fill-in Boyfriend was the ending. It felt rushed to me, and it didn’t give me the feeling of a real closure.
However, I did enjoy The Fill-in Boyfriend and I can’t wait to read more Kasie West books! 


5

5 comments:

  1. Yesss! I loved Gia and Fill-In Bradley~ I agree about the ending. There wasn't really closure on the issue with her friends :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though it wasn't a favourite of mine from this author, I do love her writing - it is always so fun, and the conversations fluid. I can't wait to read more from her :D
    Glad that you've enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I read your review and was afraid I didn't love it either. And I undestand why it wasn't your favorite, I had same problems. In the end, I just didn't like the ending :)

      Delete
  3. This looks so cute! I've been in a contemporary kick lately, and this looks right up my alley! Great review!

    Mandy's Books and Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope you read and love it!

      Delete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)