Books are more than a words

Mar 19, 2015

The Awakening & The Rockoning by Emma Jones *Guest Post*



Are you looking for a NA book featuring vampires? Then, The Awakening by Emma Jones is what you're looking for!
Emma is also doing a price promo, from March 26th to March 30th. The Awakening is FREE and The Reckoning is £0.99/$0.99
Don't miss this chance!


The Awakening by Emma Jones




Do you believe in vampires? Ghosts? The supernatural world?
Meet Lauren who instantly clicks with Gavin at a friend’s BBQ. Everything goes well until Lauren starts to experience strange things and hears a weird voice. It seems like a warning but from what? Lauren eventually makes the startling discovery that Gavin is a vampire and it has profound consequences for herself. The arrival of Daniel makes things even more confusing for Lauren as she is warned he is bad news from a ghostly source. Laurens life is turned upside down as things she thought were myths and legends become real and she struggles to cope with everything she has discovered.
Will Lauren and Gavin’s relationship survive and what about the mysterious Daniel?



The Reckoning (The sequel to The Awakening)



 
 
As Lauren wakes after her 21st party she's not sure if she's hungover or dreaming but then she remembers.
The necklace.
The flashback.
The bond.
Daniel.
The consequences are great & details unknown. After a visit to the vampire council things settle down until vivid worrying dreams start to disrupt Lauren's sleep & life.
The national news is filled with big cat killings but Lauren knows the truth & is being dragged into dark souls & black magic. Someone dangerous is getting into her head & her involvement with the council tests her relationships.
How will Lauren cope? Is there a happy ending? Will blood be shed?




Guest Post


I was inspired to write The Awakening (Book 1) and The Reckoning (Book 2) by my love of the vampire genre. I have always loved vampire films (long before Twilight was born) and below I have listed my favourites –
The Lost Boys 1987- This was my first proper vampire film and I’ve watched it loads of times. The character of Michael was my favourite and the actor Jason Patric became my first film crush. I can’t believe it was this long ago although the hair styles are 100% 80’s.
Interview with a Vampire 1994 – I love everything about this film and I’m sure most vampire fans will have watched it millions of times. I love the end scene and think the acting throughout is brilliant. The last quote “I assume I need no introduction. Oh Louis Louis still whining. Have you heard enough? I’ve had to listen to that for centuries.” is one of my favourites. Christian Slater was my crush from this film and although I’m not a huge Tom Cruise fan I think he played an amazing part & stood out for me.
Blade 1998 – Love this think it maybe my absolute favourite. Stephen Dorff is absolutely gorgeous and I still love him now & Wesley Snipes is amazing.
Blade 2 2002- This film has amazing acting from Luke Goss who is barely recognisable as Jared Nomak.
Blade 3 2004 – Brilliant end to the trilogy and more humorous than the previous two courtesy of Ryan Reynolds who has some brilliant one liners and obviously has an amazing chest!
Twilight 2008 – I can’t believe the first film came out so long ago. I was always team Jacob and loved the films although always found Bella’s character annoying. I watched all five of the films at the cinema the last being released in November 2012 and has the best fight scene ever! It was a brilliant end which I didn’t see coming. Loved it.
There are loads more Underworld, Day breakers, Fright Night, Dracula this list goes on and on. What are your favourites? Have you seen the ones I’ve listed above?




Author Bio


Hi I’m Emma. I have always loved reading & about 8 years ago began writing as a hobby whilst on maternity leave. My hobby became my passion & The Awakening was born.  I love the vampire genre so naturally my book is inspired by this theme.  Self publishing has been a massive learning curve and my blog gives more information if you are interested into the ups and downs I’ve encountered. Apart from writing & reading my other interests are my two children (obviously) wasting hours browsing First Choice & Trip Advisor (I think I have a slight obsession) and spending time with my friends and family with a glass of wine or two.
If you would like to contact Emma Jones check out the following links 



0

0 POVs:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)