Books are more than a words

Aug 15, 2014

My Never-ending Booknotes: My Heart & Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga



My Never-ending Booknotes is a weekly meme created by my awesome friend April @ Books 4 Juliet where we can share our favorites quotes or conversation from a book.
If you want to join, just go HERE and have fun.

You know, I have a problem when I read a book that I really loved: I can't stop talking about it!
I'm pretty sure I've told all my friends about My Heart & Other Black Holes and since this book won't be published until February of next year. I'd like to share with you my favorite booknotes.
Note that these quotes are taken from the ARC, they can change once the finished copy is ready.


If I have a boyfriend, his name is Death. And I’m pretty sure Roman is in love with him, too. It’s like a love triangle gone wrong. Or maybe it’s a love triangle gone right: we both get the boy on April 7th.

I wonder if my heart is like a black hole –it’s so dense that there’s no room for light, but that doesn’t mean it can’t still suck me in.




About the book.




Sixteen-year-old physics nerd Aysel is obsessed with plotting her own death. With a mother who can barely look at her without wincing, classmates who whisper behind her back, and a father whose violent crime rocked her small town, Aysel is ready to turn her potential energy into nothingness.

There’s only one problem: she’s not sure she has the courage to do it alone. But once she discovers a website with a section called Suicide Partners, Aysel’s convinced she’s found her solution: a teen boy with the username FrozenRobot (aka Roman) who’s haunted by a family tragedy is looking for a partner.

Even though Aysel and Roman have nothing in common, they slowly start to fill in each other’s broken lives. But as their suicide pact becomes more concrete, Aysel begins to question whether she really wants to go through with it. Ultimately, she must choose between wanting to die or trying to convince Roman to live so they can discover the potential of their energy together. Except that Roman may not be so easy to convince.


0

0 POVs:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)