Books are more than a words

Apr 30, 2013

My thoughts about: Forever by Maggie Stiefvater



Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3)
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Pages: 388 (Spanish Edition)
Goodreads AVG Rating: 3.92
MY RATING: 5 Stars
then.
When Sam met Grace, he was a wolf and she was a girl. Eventually he found a way to become a boy, and their loved moved from curious distance to the intense closeness of shared lives. 

now.
That should have been the end of their story. But Grace was not meant to stay human. Now she is the wolf. And the wolves of Mercy Falls are about to be kill in one final, spectacular hunt. 

forever.
Sam would do anything for Grace. But can one boy and one love really change a hostile, predatory world? The past, the present, and the future are about to collide in one pure moment - a moment of death or life, farewell or forever
.
My thoughts.

Forever is the last book in the The Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater.
To be honest, this was the only ending-book that I did not want to read, and it wasn’t because I wasn’t curious, but because my friends gave me some bad reviews and I was terrified that I couldn’t like it. Because the truth is that I loved with all my heart Shiver and Linger. So what would happen if I ended up hating Forever? Would it change my opinion of the series?

All those questions became diluted when I started reading it.
From the beginning I remembered why I like the books by Stiefvater: for their characters. Sure, descriptions and writing are great, but I don’t think it can be compared to the genius and originality that the author puts into each one of her characters.

Sam: The lonely boy, broken and
melancholic. The most of the time I found myself thinking that Sam would never stop being the sad and almost unsteady boy that I saw in previous books. In my experience Sam has been the weakest character I've ever met, and yet there was always something of him that made me love him and regard him as a great character.
Grace: She is independent and strong. She was the perfect fit for a wounded soul like Sam. I like the way she is presented in this book, as
female werewolf. I loved that her POVs were always clear and tidy.
Isabel: I know it may sound really silly, but every time Isabel appeared, or had a POV, I could not help thinking that if Isabel (from TMI) was a mundane, she’d be just like this Isabel. A strong and no-cheesy girl.
Cole: And here is my new favorite character (at least this month). Cole is simply the best of this book. I have no idea how to explain what happened to Cole, but some moment he went from a secondary character to become the savior of the book. Cole is unique, different and so special that it is impossible not to notice.

Although ALWAYS doesn’t answer all the questions that readers had, in my opinion it did enough and I was pleased with the turn the plot took.
I do not think it's the best of Mercy Falls Wolves (because my favorite is still Linger), but neither quality decays.
I loved liked it.


0 POVs:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)