Books are more than a words

Dec 6, 2012

My Never-ending Booknotes: Blood red road by Moira Young


My Never-ending Booknotes is a weekly meme created by April @ Books 4 Juliet  where we can share our favorites quotes or conversation from a book.
If you want to join, just go HERE and have fun.

Last week I got Rebel Heart by Moira Young, and I realized that I didn't remember the last part of Blood red road, so I made a little re-read. That reminds me of how awesome this book was.
The writing was really difficult to follow at the beggining, but then, it comes naturally to understand what Saba wanted to share with us.
If you haven't read this book, I truly recommend it to you. It's a poweful read.



"Yer in my blood, Saba" he says. "Yer in my head. Yer in my breath, yer in my bones...gawd help me, yer everywhere. You have bin since the first moment I set eyes on you".

 ********
"I'm sorry" I says.
"Fer what?" he says.
"Fer always bein ... you know ... so-"
"Ungrateful?" he says.
"Yeah" I says.
"Ornery?"
"I guess so"
"Rude? Pig-headed? Violent?"
"I ain't violent!"
"Oh yes, you are. Very. But I like that in a woman."
I laugh. "Yer crazy" I says.
"I was fine till I met you" he says.” 

 *********

"We ain't got time fer you to yell at me or fer me to tell you everythin that's happened, so I'm jest gonna cover the main points real quick an then I'm gonna kiss you" he says.

0

0 POVs:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)