Books are more than a words

Nov 12, 2012

Book review: Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout.

Deity (Covenant #3)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout.
Pages: 360
Goodreads AVG Rating: 463
Sourse: Best friend's gift!
"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time."
Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden. 
If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome. 
But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed. Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...



   
My POV.
  
Holy daimon babies!!!.... that's all, I'm going to die and then Apollo will come, and I'll die all over again!
Remember, there's always HOPE!

My feelings.
Other than feeling those stupid butterflies in my stomach? A lot. While reading this book I was angry, and happy, and sad, and heart-breaking.  Honestly, it’s been two days since I finished it and I’m still not-able to read anything else, because I feel like I needed re-read some scenes of this book.

The Plot.
Awesomeness, brilliant, better that better. If you thought Pure was an awesome thing, you have to read this book, every scene is worth of a scream. I think you already read in other reviews that there are gods appearing in this book, what you mustn’t know Is that this gods are everywhere, you’ll be surprised to discover about them. And then, the prophesies, I never put attention to them till now, but oh boy, in Deity you’ll realized that all prophesies were REAL. Yeah, like real, real.

The characters.
A major swoon here. Every character in this book grows in a way you couldn’t thought.
Alex: She is such a kick ass, a smart heroine, a strong girl. I know you possible loved that Alex rebel and reckless, and she still is, but now she is also learning to be mature, to be responsible.
Aiden: Though I’m not a big fan of Aiden, I must admit that this man is so, so good, and sweet. She loves Alex in a way that you can feel his feeling. I wonder all the time WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?? Coz Aiden is hot and swoon-worthy, he has all that a good character needs, but I just don’t like him <sigh> I wish I could, he deserves it!
Seth: Oh my, Oh my. KILL ME NOW! If you have read any review before you now Seth did something terrible. So, I’m just going to say I still have hope.

The love story.
Alex is in love with Aiden and Aiden loves her… and I love Seth.
The romance is hot and heart-stopping, all would be perfect is Jenn decides to put me as a character and pair me with Seth, that all!

The ending.
Do I really have to say something about the ending? CLIFFHANGER is not a word that can describe what this ending was. Man, it was like the author cuts of an arm and then expects us to clap our hands. That was evil and so so so awesome!!!!
Ya! If you like cliffhanger like me you’ll love this book even more thanks to this ending.

Final thoughts.
Deity has all the things that make a book remarkable.  Mind blowing action. Great and strong characters.  A clear, fast and perfect writing. Funny dialogues. Wise quotes. An unique writing-style.
Oh boy, you’ll love this book. Deity is the book of this year.

1

1 comment:

  1. I just read the first two books in the Lux series and downloaded Half-blood and Daimon for my Kindle. I haven't started reading them yet, but the buzz I've been getting is that the Covenant series is better than the Lux series. If that is true, I should really enjoy them.
    Thanks!
    Tammy @ http://bosbooknook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)