Books are more than a words

Aug 20, 2012

Book Review: Illumine by Alivia Anders


Illumine (The Illumine #1)
Author: Alivia Anders
Pages: 150
Goodreads AVG Rating: 404
Source: Book provided by the author.
Summary/ Add here
For the past five months Essallie Hanley has been trying to forget about the frightening murder of her boyfriend. Haunted by vivid nightmares and hallucinations of the event she does anything she can to pretend she's like every other normal girl in High School. 
Only Essallie is far from normal. Able to conjure blue fire and a shimmering silhouette of wings from her body, she seeks the only known solace left to her name; her first home in Belfast, Maine. 
But she soon realizes that her return home is only the beginning of a long and twisted road taking her as far from her humanity as possible, with Kayden, the demon originally summoned to slaughter her, leading the way. Unable to touch her but oddly curious, he joins Essallie in her search to find out just what she is. But neither of them were prepared for the secrets they've begun to unravel, secrets that will change Essallie and everyone around her forever
 

My POV

 
Illumine? What is Illumine? I NEED ILLUMINE!
Sometimes I really want to kick myself for all the books I hadn’t read these days. It wasn’t my fault, at least, but it hurts anyway.
I received Illumine by the author in exchange of my opinion. And I did what I always do every time I read a book recommended or gifted. I marked it as “to-be-read” but I didn’t read anything about it. I love to be surprised!
And I really was!!!
Illumine is a too much short-amazing book. I didn’t know what it was about; I just started reading and got trapped for that amazing beginning. It was exciting, scaring, not what I expected!
Essie’s POV’s is captivating, sweet but strong.
But the most amazing part was the plot and the story line. Oh man, it was wonderful!
This story is about nephilim and demons.

The demon stared at me, narrowing his eyes to paper cut-thin slits. He reached out again
for me. The minute his hand came in contact with my skin blue fire raced up his arm, engulfing
him instantly. He howled, exploding into smoke and dispersing through the room before
returning to human form.

But don’t get me wrong, this isn’t that common demon-angel story, this is different. Powerful and funny.
I have to say, I’m in love with the crush of the book, Kayden. He made me want to kick Essie, every time she said something bad of him.

"Is this what we're seeing?" I asked excitedly, passing off the cotton candy to Leo, who
happily devoured the rest. "A circus show?"
"No, we're here to eat Chinese and make out with the bearded lady," Kayden rolled his
eyes but was obviously trying hard not to smile.

Okay, I just loved that part. Kayden is a really bad boy, but I liked him a lot. The other characters were so good as well. I enjoy every page and every line.
Even though I just realized Alivia Anders is really young, she did it, she created an amazing world and trapped the essence of what we (YA lovers) adore reading.
You should try to read it, I can’t wait to read Obumbrate. And I know that if you read this, you’ll be really excited for the others.

This is a must read.
1

1 comment:

  1. I have downloaded myself a sample just now so I can check it out.
    Thanks for the review!
    Tammy @ http://bosbooknook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)