Books are more than a words

May 16, 2012

Book review: My soul to keep by Rachel Vincent

Title: My soul to keep (Soul Screamers #3)
Author: Rachel Vincent
Status: Fast-read
Goodreads AVG Rating: 4.12
Summary: Kaylee has one addiction: her very hot, very popular boyfriend, Nash. A banshee like Kaylee, Nash understands her like no one else. Nothing can come between them.Until something does.Demon breath. No, not the toothpaste-challenged kind. The Netherworld kind. The kind that really can kill you. Somehow the super-addictive substance has made its way to the human world. But how? Kaylee and Nash have to cut off the source and protect their friends—one of whom is already hooked.And so is someone else...


 My thoughts.
First off. I’m so glad I didn’t skip this book!!! Yeah, I was thinking about that before cause I didn’t have a copy. But thank my “book mama” I could have it and read it.
I really have mixed thoughts about this one.
In one hand. I hated Nash and all his change of actitud and all the creepy things he did. And I love Tod and the his role in Kaylee’s life.
But my thoughts are really impossible to separate… in the other hand. What the hell? First. I think a part of this was Tod and Kaylee’s fault, because they were who enter in the Netherword. Nash even didn’t want to go there when Kaylee had the idea. So, why do they have to treat Nash so bad? Why can't they understand him? After all, he is human –well, no really, but you know what I mean- and he can make mistakes.
That’s why I totally don’t like the idea of Tod being the “hero” And don’t misunderstand my words I love Tod and he’s my favorite. But this time even though Nash was a total asshole, I feel so sorry for him.
Addie… I hate her, no more. She is one of the persons that ruined… on man, I don’t know, I just hate her!
I love love love the topic of “addiction” that’s so really mature, I’m so glad Rachel talked about this and show us the change in the people when they’re addict to something.
This was a fast read, very refreshing. The plot was incredible. And the characters very realistic and well created.
This is one of my favorite books. I though after My soul to save I won’t be able to enjoy the other books, but shut up myself. This was more than good!
No one can be disappointed in this book. It's a pleasant reading.
0

0 POVs:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)