Books are more than a words

Mar 9, 2012

Book Review: Th1rteen R3asons Why, Jay Asher

 
Title: 13 Reasons why
Author:Jay Asher
Pages: 288
Goodreads AVG Rating: 4.06
Summary: Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers thirteen cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker, his classmate and crush who committed suicide two weeks earlier.
On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list.





My thoughts.
Have you ever stopped to think about how your words hurt the other people around you? As a simple comment can begin to destroy the life of someone else?
Jay Asher in this book tells the story of how the actions of their peers led to Hanna Baker to commit suicide.
The story begins when Clay Jensen receives a box of cassettes where before dying, Hanna -herself- has narrated the motives that led her to take the decision to end his life.
This is a different story, full of pain and remorse where a girl describes the hell of her life based on mere rumors and false reputation.
The pace is so good and addictive that you want to go past the sides of the cassette faster and want to live next to Clay all the histories that he's listening.
The characters are so true that I think is the most realistic book I have ever read in my entire life. 
They are normal people with normal problems and defects that affect the lives of others without even realizing it.
The ending is really touching, we all know in advance that Hanna just could not take his life, but nobody knows the past and terrible events that led her to believe that nothing had solusion.
In short, this book leaves you thinking about how what you do affects other lives and how you can hurt those who consider themselves friends without even realizing it.
A very recomenada read, perfect to give you some awareness on that head.

1

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lis,

    Thank you again for the Summer Lovin Giveaway :) And I choose to comment on your review in 13 Reasons Why. WHY? Because you made picked this book! I have this now (finally) on my shelf! Thanks for recommending this book. I love your review of this and you made me want it so much. WHen I saw this on the bookstore, I immediately grabbed a copy. I'm excited to read it, and I will let you know what I think when I'm done :) xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)