Books are more than a words

Feb 24, 2012

TBR Intervention Challenge (20)


TBRIC is hosted by April@ Books4Juliet Dani@ Refracted light, and Ayanami@ Whatever you can still betray
 
  The goal of this challenge is to help each other (fellow readers and bloggers) manage our enormous and constantly growing TBR (To-Be-Read) List. The rules are simple and everyone is encouraged to participate. It does not force you to commit to more than what you can manage to read in a week or so, but participants are encouraged to read at least one book within a week. You are free to choose the book you want to read and commit to this challenge. You may post your entry every Saturday, at the frequency of your choice--EVERY WEEK or EVERY TWO WEEKS. However, we will sponsor this event regularly every Saturday.

Rules.
1. Post the book(s) you committed to read in your last TBR Intervention post and tell us something about it. Did you finish it? Did you enjoy it or not? Post the link to your review (if you have one).
2. Post a book that you want to read and already own. Pick something that has been sitting on your shelf for too long now (6 months or longer). Commit to read the book in the next couple of days or week.
3. Grab the TBR Intervention Button and post it on your blog sidebar so you will be constantly reminded of the challenge, making it easier for you to commit. This will also encourage other readers/bloggers/visitors to join the challenge.
4. Add the link to your post in the Linky below and make sure to visit the other blogs. Comment, encourage, and spread the love to our fellow readers.

My last intervention.
The Star, Javi Araguz & Isabel Hierro
I'm so glad to say, I finished this book last thursday!
I really loved it. It was a very different dystopian novel... different in a good way!
I loved the characters and the plot, If this book someday is translated to English, I think you have to try it!
This week I also finished Half-blood by Jennifer L Armentrout. I loved it, It was sooo good!Can't wait to read pure. I was mad with myself for take so long time to read it.




This week TBRIC
The lonely hearts club.
I think most of the people I know have read this book. And I want to join this Club, so I'll give it a try. I have read the first chapter, and I had a good impression.
Summary from Goodreads.
Love is all you need... or is it? Penny's about to find out in this wonderful debut.Penny is sick of boys and sick of dating. So she vows: no more. It's a personal choice. . .and, of course, soon everyone wants to know about it. And a few other girls are inspired. A movement is born: The Lonely Hearts Club (named after the band from Sgt. Pepper). Penny is suddenly known for her nondating ways . . . which is too bad, because there's this certain boy she can't help but like. . .
6

6 comments:

  1. La Estrella sounds like an interesting title. What's it really about? That star in the cover does bring some ideas to mind, but I wonder.

    I hope you'll love your book choice this week!

    Happy reading, Lis!

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad you loved La Estrella! I wish, wish, wish there was an English translation! Sigh. And so glad you enjoyed Half-Blood! Have you read Vampire Academy? If you have, did you think they were really similar?

    The Lonely Hearts Club looks really cute -- a fun read. :) Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danny!
    Yes, I think Half bood is really similar to VA, too much the firts pages, but halfway, it get better!
    Hope La Estrella is avaliable in English someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lis...I can't wait to see what you think about The Lonely Hearts Club. I haven't read it but it sounds like I should!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Lonely Hearts Club! It was wonderful--but I think I would appreciate it even more if I had been a bigger Beatles fan.

    Shanan
    http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Half-Blood! I was glad that you finally finished and enjoyed the book. I can't wait for Pure either! Goodluck with your next book. It surprised me cos you picked up a contemporary this time =) I think it's been a while. =)

    Lovelots, April

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)