Books are more than a words

Feb 22, 2012

Book Review: Half-blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Half-Blood (Covenant #1)
Author: Jennifer L Armentrout
Goodreads AVG Rating: 4.25
Pages: 281
Summary: The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.



My thoughts.
And when I thought that no book could surprise me more ... there was Half-blood!My friends spent all December raving about this book, however, despite having read Daimon, the truth is that I wasn't able to enter onto the history.Add to this the million similarities this book has with Vampire Academy ... total rejection! and I mean, I like VA, but I don't love it, I can even say I was bored... the book isn't bad, but I'm a little crazy.Anyway, the first chapters seemed a full copy of VA, to the fact that Alex gets naked in the same situation as Rose in the book one. (God!!! Hope this isn't a super spoiler!)But after that ... the book grows, matures, evolves, and the plot totally changes!The twist that gives the story leave me speechless ... a total... "not-what-I-expected".The rhythm is fast, without holes, and the style is simple and natural. The dialogues are so ... simple, which make the characters more human than anything, adding the incredible writing style of the author.I liked the characters a lot. Alex is unbearable, but I love her strength and determination. Aiden is charming as Seth ... yet like Caleb (Alex's best friend).Likewise I really enjoyed the adaptation of the Greek legends to modern times, I have nothing to complain about.The ending is amazing and leaves you wanting to read Pure soon.
0

0 POVs:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)