Books are more than a words

Jun 14, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: Zero Repeat Forever (The Nahx Invasions #1) by Gabrielle Prendergast



 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine

 What I'm waiting for...

 


He has no voice, or name, only a rank, Eighth. He doesn’t know the details of the mission, only the directives that hum in his mind.

Dart the humans. Leave them where they fall.

His job is to protect his Offside. Let her do the shooting.

Until a human kills her…

Sixteen year-old Raven is at summer camp when the terrifying armored Nahx invade, annihilating entire cities, taking control of the Earth. Isolated in the wilderness, Raven and her friends have only a fragment of instruction from the human resistance.

Shelter in place.

Which seems like good advice at first. Stay put. Await rescue. Raven doesn’t like feeling helpless but what choice does she have?

Then a Nahx kills her boyfriend.

Thrown together in a violent, unfamiliar world, Eighth and Raven should feel only hate and fear. But when Raven is injured, and Eighth deserts his unit, their survival comes to depend on trusting each other…


*******


Hi there, bookish friends!
I’m back from a mini hiatus. Turns out I finally cancelled my internet subscription (the one I complained about all the time for years!). It’s been hard, because I don’t have internet at home anymore, but I’m looking for a better subscription available in my zone.
Anyway, today I’m looking forward to reading Zero Repeat Forever. I haven’t read much about this book, but it was on my Goodreads recs, and it sounds really interesting, so we’ll see. 


2 comments:

  1. Hope you straighten out your internet soon - that's rough. Mine is also terrible - I've tried every possibility and none of them are great and all expensive :(
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. How have I not heard of this book? It sounds awesome. I want it!

    Aww man, I can't even imagine how hard it is without internet service! I'm lucky to have decent service and I try not to take it for granted. I hope you find a better provider very soon!

    Have a wonderful weekend, Lis. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)