Books are more than a words

Jan 17, 2017

What's New? Wing Jones by Katherine Webber


 
Did you know that Jandy Nelson is one of my favorite authors ever? Yes! she is! I'm dying (DYING) for her new book, and while I wait I love to read books similar to hers. 
To be honest, I don't love the cover of Wing Jones, so I don't know why I read the synopsis, but when I saw "Jandy Nelson meets Friday Night Lights" I had to add this book to my "I'm dying to read" shelf. I hope it doesn't disappoint!
Check it out!

Expected publication: January 5th 2017 by Walker Books

 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17285330-the-last-time-we-say-goodbye 

Jandy Nelson meets Friday Night Lights: a sweeping story about love and family from an exceptional new voice in YA. With a grandmother from China and another from Ghana, fifteen-year-old Wing Jones is often caught between worlds. 
But when tragedy strikes, Wing discovers a talent for running she never knew she had. Wing's speed could bring her family everything it needs. It could also stop Wing getting the one thing she wants.


2

2 comments:

  1. Not sure if this is one for me, but I like that cover! I hope you like this one when you get to read it. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. That synopsis is all over the place! It sounds like this will be a bizarre and intriguing read. I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fantastic day, Lis. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)