Books are more than a words

Oct 12, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: Spindle Fire (Spindle Fire #1) by Lexa Hillyer



 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine

 What I'm waiting for...

 


Perfect for fans of Sarah J. Maas and Leigh Bardugo, Spindle Fire is an enthralling, wholly original re-imagining of a classic faerie story.

Half-sisters Isabelle and Aurora are polar opposites: Isabelle is the king’s headstrong illegitimate daughter, whose sight was tithed by faeries; Aurora, beautiful and sheltered, was tithed her sense of touch and voice on the same day. Despite their differences, the sisters have always been extremely close.

And then everything changes, with a single drop of Aurora’s blood, a Faerie Queen who is preparing for war, a strange and enchanting dream realm—and a sleep so deep it cannot be broken.

Spindle Fire is a tour de force fantasy set in the dwindling, deliciously corrupt world of the fae, and featuring two truly unforgettable heroines.


****

Why am I waiting on this book? I'm not a big fantasy reader, because I'm too slow and fantasy books are BIG. But this book sounds, and looks, amazing! I love the synopsis, but I'd love to read it for the cover alone. 

What are you waiting on today?

4

4 comments:

  1. Yes! This one sounds fantastic. I enjoy fantasy a lot so this is definitely up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hopw you get the chance to read it. It sounds great!

      Delete
  2. I want to read this one too! I didn't download it from Edelweiss, but I think I will in a few months (once I get through the ones that I did download, for Winter '17). I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Have a lovely week, Lis. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't download it either and now I'm not sure. I've heard it has a love triangle :/

      Delete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)