Books are more than a words

Jun 29, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: Caraval by Stephanie Garber


 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine

 What I'm waiting for...

 


Before you enter the world of Caraval, you must remember that it’s all a game . . .

Scarlett has never left the tiny island where she and her beloved sister, Tella, live with their ruthless father. Now Scarlett’s father has arranged a marriage for her, and Scarlett thinks her dreams of seeing Caraval, the legendary, once-a-year performance where the audience participates in the show, are over.

Then, Scarlett’s long-dreamt of invitation to Caraval finally arrives. So, Tella enlists a mysterious sailor’s help to whisk Scarlett away to this year’s show. But as soon as the trio arrives, Tella is kidnapped by Caraval’s mastermind organizer, Legend.

Scarlett has been told that everything that happens during Caraval is only an elaborate performance. But she nonetheless soon becomes enmeshed in a game of love, heartbreak, and magic with her sister, with Legend, and with the other players in the game. And whether Caraval is real or not, she must find Tella before the five nights of the game are over, a dangerous domino effect of consequences is set off, and her sister disappears forever.


***
 

Hey there! Today I'm waiting dying for Caraval by Stephanie Garber. I love the synopsis and the cover of this book, and so far, I've read only amazing reviews. I can't wait to finally read it!

What about you?

4

4 comments:

  1. YESSS!! CARAVAAAAL!! I got the ARC from BEA and it keeps calling my name and telling me to reaaaad it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not be more excited for this one. I hope we both love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeep! I just got this one in the mail, which was a great surprise! A lot of squealing ensued. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it, Lis! <3

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)