Books are more than a words

Dec 11, 2014

My Never-ending Booknotes: Nocte by Courtney Cole


 
My Never-ending Booknotes is a weekly meme created by my awesome friend April @ Books 4 Juliet's Diary where we can share our favorites quotes or conversation from a book.
If you want to join, just go HERE and have fun.
 

I can’t even explain how emotionally wrenching this book is. I got me on the edge of my seat until the big twist was revealed, just to leave speechless and heartbroken.
This book is powerful.
I thank my friend Kelly for the recommendation. This is the best NA book I’ve ever read.
Dark, unexpected, and unusual. Full of wonderful quotes. 
So, today these are my favorite booknotes. 


“I would plunge to the bottom of the ocean for you.  I’d comb it for shells and make you a necklace and then hang myself with it.  Because if you aren’t here, I don’t want to be either.”

“...because sometimes that’s how life is.  A puzzle made up of a million pieces, and when one piece doesn’t exactly fit, it throws the rest of them off.” 

 


 THE BOOK 



 


Save me and I'll save you...

My name is Calla Price. I’m eighteen years old, and I’m one half of a whole.
My other half-- my twin brother, my Finn-- is crazy.

I love him. More than life, more than anything. And even though I’m terrified he’ll suck me down with him, no one can save him but me.

I’m doing all I can to stay afloat in a sea of insanity, but I’m drowning more and more each day. So I reach out for a lifeline.

Dare DuBray.

He’s my savior and my anti-Christ. His arms are where I feel safe, where I’m afraid, where I belong, where I’m lost. He will heal me, break me, love me and hate me.

He has the power to destroy me.

Maybe that’s ok. Because I can’t seem to save Finn and love Dare without everyone getting hurt.

Why? Because of a secret.

A secret I’m so busy trying to figure out, that I never see it coming.

You won’t either.
1

1 comment:

  1. Wow this sounds like a great book! I need to check it out. Thanks for sharing :D

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)