Books are more than a words

Jan 6, 2014

Book Review: Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Sentinel (Covenant #5)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Pages: 297
GR rating: 4.55
Order it: Amazon/ B&N/ TBD
Summary:
As the mortal world slowly slips into chaos of the godly kind, Alexandria Andros must overcome a stunning defeat that has left her shaken and in doubt of their ability to end this war once and for all.
And with all the obstacles between Alex and her happily-ever-after with the swoonworthy Aiden St. Delphi, they must now trust a deadly foe as they travel deep into the Underworld to release one of the most dangerous gods of all time.
In the stunning, action-packed climax to the bestselling Covenant series, Alex must face a terrible choice: the destruction of everything and everyone she holds dear… or the end of herself.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13605723-sentinel 


 

 It's a beautiful day for a war.

Oh my gods!! I really didn't want to say goodbye to this series! Seriously, the Covenant books are my favorites by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I loved every one of them and I’ll never forget them.
I laughed with these characters, I cried with them, I blush with them, and I went to bed many, many times thinking about them.
This ending was breathtakingly beautiful! After a lot of ending series books that I read in 2013, there’s no doubt that Sentinel is one of the most perfect and awesome endings ever!
It’s the kind of bittersweet ending that leaves you crying and laughing at the same time, because it’s just too good to be true!
Alex’s probably my favorite heroine of all of the time. She’s not just brave and selfless, but she’s so funny, adorable and… real! I love Alex so very much and I’m so sad for all the things she had to go through until the end.
I never was a major fan of Aiden, yes, I liked him, I enjoyed reading about him but I never loved him until Sentinel, Aiden was a sweetheart, a badass, one of the best male characters I’ve read.
This leads me to Seth… oh gods! Seth has been my favorite character of this series since I read Pure. I loved Seth and I’M SO GLAD that the author redeems himself and gave him an important role in Sentinel.I would have cried like crazy when I finished this book if I shadn't known that Seth will have his own series. I cannot wait for it. I need more Seth and I need a lot more of this world.

The plot, the story line, the writing, every single thing of Sentinel was absolutely perfect. The titans, the action, the villains, every role was well played.
Jennifer L. Armentrout proves that she not just writes fast, but she writes like a freaking genius.
I wish this book was longer, because I didn’t want it to end.
I will miss Alex, Aiden, Seth, Deacon, Luke, Apollo… ok, I’ll miss them all, even Hades.
I hope I can see them again in The Return.
Sentinel was the perfect ending for such a perfect series like the Covenant.


“He was my strength when I needed him to be, my friend when I needed someone to talk me down, my equal in a world where by law I would always be less than him, and honest to gods, he was the love of my life.” 

0

0 POVs:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)