Books are more than a words

Sep 27, 2013

Play my book #4 Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready


 Play my book is a blog segment created by Nox-Invictus.
This feature is for book and music lovers. It’s about posting a song that you can relate to a book, a song from an author’s playlist, or one mentioned in the book you’re reading. So you can have the perfect “soundtrack” of that book.




This week, since I don’t do much re-reading, I decided I wanted to re-read Shift, my favorite book from the Shade trilogy by Jeri Smith-Ready.
This book always made me cry because Logan became my favorite dead character, but more than that, it was because of that book that I started loving the band Snow Patrol.
When I read Shift for the first time and saw that Logan sang the song “Run” I practically ran to my computer and looked for this song.
I loved it, there’s not much to say about it.
So, here you are. My first “Play my book” is Run by Snow Patrol, featured in Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready.


The book mention.

“Anyway, this is by a band that used to be
our favorite, Snow Patrol.”
Josh strummed a series of soft chords,
joined soon by Corey tapping on the
drums. Heather played the melody on the
bass, which gave it an even more somber
tone than the original lead guitar version.
“Run” was a song about grasping for
happiness just out of reach, about endless,
temporary good-byes. A song only a ghost
should sing.






The song.



1

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't heard about those books, but Snow Patrol has some great songs! Cool meme, this one!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)