Books are more than a words

Jul 8, 2013

Immortal hearts (Vampire Kisses #9) by Ellen Schreiber


Immortal hearts
Vampire kisses #9
Author: Ellen Schreiber
Pages: 260
Goodreads AVG Rating: 2.44
Summary:
Athena "Stormy" Sterling is coming to Dullsville, and Raven is both excited and panicked in anticipation of Alexander's little sister's visit. Alexander tells Raven that she and his sister have a lot in common, but can the mini-Raven be everything she hopes for? Alexander calls her Stormy for a reason.
Stormy's visit stirs up the perfect immortal whirlwind. Raven is forced to take a good look at what it would really mean to be a vampire in the Sterling family, aside from some of the things she already loves, like shunning the sun and sleeping in a coffin with Alexander. When Raven compares her life with Stormy's, she can see that it's not all starry skies and black roses. But Raven knows she's always wanted to be a vampire.
Alexander is as romantic and dreamy as ever, and though he keeps showing Raven how much he loves her, will she ultimately be able to convince him that it's the right thing to turn her?
This final chapter of Vampire Kisses' nocturnal romance will keep all mortal and immortal hearts racing

 
 
 
Based on my nostagic feelings! 
Real rating: 3 stars.

Oh man! I just realized how hard is to grow up and see your favorite characters be the same teen-immature-silly persons. Ok, not that I stopped loving YA, but while reading the last book in the Vampire Kisses series I just had a new “view” to Raven and her gang.
Vampire Kisses was the first book about vampire that I read, I loved Raven and Alexander, I loved Trevor and I hated Becky, I was happy to read all 5 books (back then) one after the others. Then I waited and waited for the next ones. But today, after I finished reading Immortal hearts, the 9th book, I felt something I didn’t expected, after about 200 books read since I’m a reader, I feel bored! I even skipped some lines, I was reading without putting much attention. 

I’m not going to say that I didn’t enjoy some parts and felt a little nostalgic, because I did, of course!
I was dying to know if Alexander will finally turn Raven into a vampire, I wanted to know what’s going to happen with the infamous Stormy Sterling. And sadly (at least about the Stormy part) I was disappointed.
The characters are 17 years old like almost every YA character I’ve read about, but they were so-not-real. Raven is childish and selfish, her descriptions are cheesy and… well, not awesomely describing!
Alexander’s still “dreamy” and maybe that’s the reason why I enjoyed this last book. He’s a little more mature, confident, and… hot.
Luna and Jagger… what a shame of villains! Booo!
Stormy? Well, silly girl, so manageable.
Becky and Matt was a really cute couple, but in Becky’s case I still don’t buy her relationship with Raven, even for best friend I didn’t find they had a good... chemistry?
Trevor? Oh, yes! Trevor’s why I loved Vampire Kisses. Still I can’t understand what Raven thinks of him. She’s attracted to him, she accepted the attraction in “that” moment and yet she keeps talking about him like his enemy.

And then... the romance.
Raven loves Alexander, Alexander loves Raven. That’s a cute couple. BUT the descriptions kill all the magic. Except the typical “Alexander kissed me deeply” there wasn’t any real emotion shared through Raven’s words. It was like they love each other, they kiss, and she feels weak of her knees, blah, blah, blah…
Sadly I doubt I will read another Ellen Schreiber book someday. The writing isn’t something I love now, now that I have read really good books.

But after all, after the moment where I realized how much I didn't like the writing, I have to say that I enjoyed this book. Maybe it was the nostalgic part. Maybe it’s because I won’t know about the people in Dullsvile anymore. Maybe because it’s the end of another cycle in my life.
Vampire Kissed will have always a good spot in my heart. Because this series made me love vampires and turned me into a better reader.

Gracias!

0 POVs:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)