Books are more than a words

Jul 2, 2013

Book review: The death cure by James Dashner




The death cure (Spanish edition)
The maze runner #3
Author: James Dashner
Pages: 325
Goodreads AVG Rating: 3.82
Summary:
Thomas knows that Wicked can't be trusted, but they say the time for lies is over, that they've collected all they can from the Trials and now must rely on the Gladers, with full memories restored, to help them with their ultimate mission. It's up to the Gladers to complete the blueprint for the cure to the Flare with a final voluntary test.
What Wicked doesn't know is that something's happened that no Trial or Variable could have foreseen. Thomas has remembered far more than they think. And he knows that he can't believe a word of what Wicked says.
The time for lies is over. But the truth is more dangerous than Thomas could ever imagine.
Will anyone survive the Death Cure?


 

WARNING.
THIS IS NOT A REVIEW.
 

My thoughts.

Okay…
Okay…
Oh, I don’t know what to say…
Well, I re-read The scorch trial about a week ago, because I didn’t remember what really happened except that I stopped liking Teresa. I was glad back then because I loved that book even more, but after reading The death cure I’m not sure if that was a great idea… You’ll see, The scorch trial was so awesome that I had the biggest expectation about the last book in this series, but I don’t feel really happy with the ending.
The death cure wasn’t bad at all, but it wasn’t AS good as the other two.
… Oh man, I have this bittersweet feeling and I don’t know what I’m exactly feeling, I feel like I’m disappointed, but at the same time I feel good because the ending-ending was unexpected and surprising.
Did I like it? Yes
Did I enjoy the writing? Yes
Did it have a good plot? Yes
Were the characters good? Yes
Did it blow me away? The ending, yes!
Was it addictive? Yes
Did I cry? No.
...
And that was the problem.
James Dashner did an amazing job creating a good plot for this book with action, twist and turns and important deaths. It could have been perfect except that this time the author didn’t gave us time to grieve and mourn the deaths.
Thomas was a strong character. Brave and loyal. And this time he is not just following orders, he’s making his own way to live the way he and his friends deserve. Minho and Newt were as important as always and against all odds, I ended up liking Teresa again and  end up with this bad taste about Brenda, I didn’t hate her, but didn’t like her either, I just couldn’t connect with this character.
Like I say before the ending was the best part. It ended where all begun.
And the epilogue was the saddest and… craziest thing I ever read, I still don’t know what to say about it.
That’s why I’m just rambling trying to describe what are my thoughts about The death cure… and is just bittersweet.
.......................
.........................
............................
..................................

Now GO HERE and check the first official movie photos!!!
*sighs* I wish I could have see them before, my mental images could've awesome!


0

0 POVs:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)