Books are more than a words

Apr 12, 2013

My thoughts about: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3)
Author: Cassandra Clare
Pages: 568
Goodreads Rating: 4.64
My Rating: 6 roses, special rating.
Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy.  
Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.
A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.

Some of my friends thinks I'm madly crazy because I didn't love Clockwork Prince, the way they did. It was mostly because I'm not Team Will, in fact, those days I wasn't on Team Jem either. And they were heartbroken mostly because of Will. So... I loved Cassandra Clare's writing, I loved the world, the plot, the characters, but I was dissapointed of my feelings when I finished it. I didn't feel that passion and achingly beautiful connection between me and the main characters.

That's why I was really really scared of reading Clockwork Princess. I wanted to choose a "team" I wanted to be part of the fandom. And I wanted to cry because I feel the connection.
Today, I'm really glad to say that I did. I loved Clockwork Princess. I loved every little part of it.

The plot.
The characters.
The romance.
The action.
The writing.
The dialogues.
The development.
The ending.
The freaking prologue!

There wasn't a thing I didn't love about Clockwork Princess. It had me on the edge.  I was going crazy thinking what will happen? what will happen? what will happen? And in the end, it even gave me a knew view about The mortal instruments series. I did understand everything. I had the answer to all the questions I once asked.
This was an ending, a truly, madly, deeply epic ending for a series. I wished it never ends. It was too good to have an end. But when the time finally came, it fitted perfectly.

Clockwork Princess is now my favorite book by this author. I always thought it was City of Fallen Angels, even though I loved all the TMI books. But now I'm not sure anymore. Both are really different, but again, my feeling made the difference.

Do you love books that make you cry?
Do you love books that cut your heart in a half, because one moment you're happy, and then you're so sad?
Do you love perfect, well created, love triangles?
Do you love epic final battles?

YES?
YOU. WILL. LOVE. CLOCKWORK PRINCESS!


...... now I have to say it......

I LOVE JEM!!!! TEAM JEM - TEAM JEM - TEAM JEM!!!!

0 POVs:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)