Books are more than a words

Oct 8, 2012

Face to face: The Immortal Rules VS The Iron King

 
TF is a blog segment where I post about two books with a similar topic.
If you want to join or just know a little more about it, go my Introduccion Post.
(Button from Blood read road Cover)

Hello everyone!
Welcome to The Reader Lines and this segment I call Face to Face. Today's topic is Julie Kawaga's first book from the series.
As you might know The Immortal Rules is the first book from the Blood of Coven series, while The Iron King is the first book from the Iron Fey series.
Go for it.

The Summaries.

"In a future world, vampires reign. Humans are blood cattle. And one girl will search for the key to save humanity."Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a vampire city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten.
Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of "them." The vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself is attacked--and given the ultimate choice. Die...or become one of the monsters.



Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.
Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.
When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.



My POV.

For Book 1.
I was so lucky to have an ARC for this book that I was jumping form happiness. I couldn't believe I will be one of the first people to read Julie's new book. But that was because I loved the Iron Fey and I love vampires. 
So, when I started The Immortal Rules I was thrilled of how amazing this book was. I loved Alli, and I loved Zeke, in fact, he is the first "good boy" I really LOVED with all my heart. This book was sad and powerful at the same time. The best beginning I could ask for.

For Book 2.
It was a long time since since a good friend of mine gave a copy of the Iron King, but for some reason I didn't want to read it. Maybe because I was stuck with vampires and werewolves of just because it was about faeires, and I didn't want to read about them.
But when my friends started to talk about The Iron Queen and how sad they were, I knew it was the time. I think I said "Stupid me" when I realized it was such a great book. A total blown away, I couldn't belive books of faeries were so awesome!

Reviewers' POV

For Book 1: This was taken from Bloody Bookaholic (See review HERE)
How can I possibly describe how hugely talented Julie Kagawa is? She managed to take something old, and mold it into something completely unique and completely her own. This book resembles nothing you have read before, and nothing you will ever read in the future. The mix of characters, vampires, emotion, survival, blood, necessity, desire... It's just wonderful guys, so freaking wonderful. Julie Kagawa has done it all over again.

For Book 2: This was taken from The Book Faery (See review HERE)
The way that the author weaved in the technology driven world we live in and how it is affecting the faery realm was very clever and also makes you think of the parallel it plays with our very own world. The premise and storyline are pitch perfect and The Iron King is a fantastic start to a wonderful new series.
The Rating.

Not just what I think, but what other people thinks as well.

Book 1.
Cover: 4.5
My rating: 5
Reviewer rating: 5
Goodreads AVG Rating: 4.2

Book 2.
Cover: 4.6
My rating: 5
Reviewer Rating: 5
Goodreads AVG Rating: 4

The Winner

Yeah, you know, all I have to do was add the points and the winner of this Face to Face is...

The Immortal Rules!!!!

1

1 comment:

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)