Books are more than a words

Jul 23, 2012

Book review: Before I wake by Rachel Vincent


Before I wake (Soul Screamers #6)
Author: Rachel Vincent
Pages: 339
Goodreads AVG Rating: 4.44
 Kindle Ed.
Summary: l Add here
I died on a Thursday-killed by a monster intent on stealing my soul. The good news? He didn't get it. The bad news? Turns out not even death will get you out of high school...  Covering up her own murder was one thing, but faking life is much harder than Kaylee Cavanaugh expected. After weeks spent "recovering," she's back in school, fighting to stay visible to the human world, struggling to fit in with her friends and planning time alone with her new reaper boyfriend. But to earn her keep in the human world, Kaylee must reclaim stolen souls, and when her first assignment brings her face-to-face with an old foe, she knows the game has changed. Her immortal status won't keep her safe. And this time 
Kaylee isn't just gambling with her own life..


I bet this has to be the part where I start talking about why I loved this book so much. But I can't do that.
Because I'm heartbroken! I HATED THIS BOOK! because I loved it a lot! And the only way I can love a book "a lot" is because I have cry.
... Err... I think I'm confused!
Okay, lets start again.
To be honest, my favorite book of the Soul Screamers was My soul to steal. I know most of the people prefer If I die, because of some reaper around there. Well, I don't!
My soul to steal was EXCITING!!!
I never felt something like that again till I read Before I wake!
Oh man! that book killed me! My life won't be the same.
I can't even say the right words to describe how incredible it was!.

1. The characters were even more mature.
2. Sabine Campbell is the most honest girl I've met. And maybe she became my fave character.
3. Emma was... just GREAT!
4. I started loving Tod again.
5. Nash wasn't forgotten
6. Kaylee FINALLY woke up!

“The three of you are enough to drive a mara mad.'She can wear my shirt," she growled in an imitation of Nash."No,she can wear my shirt,"she said switching to Tod's smoother tone.Then Sabine took off down the hall without a glance at any of us."I have a spare.Come on, Kaylee,before I choke on testosterone and melodrama.”

 The cover is AMAZING. The summary don't spoil anything. And for the first time in this series I CRIED!

Rachel Vincent did it again!
If I thought the other books were creepy it was because I hadn't read this. I love love love love this world of evil people!
It was cruel and maybe that was my favorite part of all. I could feel. I was scared. I was excited. I was crying in the end!!!.
I knew since the beginning that this story will be beyond amazing.
I even LOVED the helions! Yeah! ME!!! the girl who pefer the good boys!

“You're not lost, Kaylee. You can't ever be lost, because I'll always know where you are. And if I'm not there with you, I'm on my way, and nothing standing between us ill be standing for very long.”

*Sigh* No more I can say. This book is one of those you have to discover by yourself.
Just THIS IS A MUST READ
I finally found the perfect team ever!

PS: THANK YOU ADDIE!!!!!!

“Why? Why is this happening to me?" Sophie asked.
Sabine rolled her eyes. "Because you're the beautiful fairy princess and the evil Lord of Hell can't secure his kingdom until he's feasted from your flesh and slaked his thirst with tea brewed from the ashes of your incinerated bones."
Nash groaned, and Tod laughed out loud.
Sophie hiccuped, and turned to me, frowning. "Is she serious?”
 (Can't help it! I loved Bina!)  

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I haven't even read My Soul to Take yet! And now I have to...

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)