Books are more than a words

Apr 2, 2012

Face to face (3)


Face to face is a weekly competition between two books with similar topics.

This time the common denominator is "THE HEART"

VS

Very similar, don't you think?
I'm going to call them Book 1: The Dark & Hollow Places. Book 2: Forbidden.

So, lets start with the comparation!

Book 1: Summary:
There are many things that Annah would like to forget: the look on her sister's face before Annah left her behind in the Forest of Hands and Teeth, her first glimpse of the Horde as they swarmed the Dark City, the sear of the barbed wire that would scar her for life. But most of all, Annah would like to forget the morning Elias left her for the Recruiters. 
Annah's world stopped that day, and she's been waiting for Elias to come home ever since. Somehow, without him, her life doesn't feel much different than the dead that roam the wasted city around her. Until she meets Catcher, and everything feels alive again.
But Catcher has his own secrets. Dark, terrifying truths that link him to a past Annah has longed to forget, and to a future too deadly to consider. And now it's up to Annah: can she continue to live in a world covered in the blood of the living? Or is death the only escape from the Return's destruction?

Book 2: Summary:
She is pretty and talented - sweet sixteen and never been kissed. He is seventeen; gorgeous and on the brink of a bright future. And now they have fallen in love. But... they are brother and sister.
Seventeen-year-old Lochan and sixteen-year-old Maya have always felt more like friends than siblings. Together they have stepped in for their alcoholic, wayward mother to take care of their three younger siblings. As defacto parents to the little ones, Lochan and Maya have had to grow up fast. And the stress of their lives—and the way they understand each other so completely—has also also brought them closer than two siblings would ordinarily be. So close, in fact, that they have fallen in love. Their clandestine romance quickly blooms into deep, desperate love. They know their relationship is wrong and cannot possibly continue. And yet, they cannot stop what feels so incredibly right. As the novel careens toward an explosive and shocking finale, only one thing is certain: a love this devastating has no happy ending

My thoughts.
Book 1: This book has an AVG rating on Goodreads of 4.12 stars. I haven't read it yet, but I did read the book 1 of the series and I loved it, so, I really understand why this book is so loved. The writing of the author is pretty cool. I loved her worls in The forest of hands and teeth. And I'm sure the next books became better and more wonderful.
Book 2: This book has an AVG rating of 4.10. I did read this one some months ago. And I have nothing to say except that I loved it in some insame way. I loved the descriptions of the author and the ending was so... OMG! I'll kill this writer!

I think I can't be fair if I had read just one, that's why I have been stalking some blogs and reviews to know which one is more loved. And I found out my answer...
This week the book winner of this Face to Face is...........

FORBIDDEN!

What are you waiting to read it? If you want to add them to your TBR list, just click the word Summary.

0

0 POVs:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)