Books are more than a words

Aug 13, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne



 

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine

I love, love, love the cover of this book! It was a cover love since the first time I saw it! 
I also love the title and the summary. I've heard so many good things about it. Can't wait to read it!

Publication date: November 4th 2014
Pre-order: Amazon/ Book Depository


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15768409-the-retribution-of-mara-dyer 


Fans of Sarah Dessen and Huntley Fitzpatrick will enjoy this smart debut young adult novel, equal parts My Life Next Door and The Princess Diaries.
Kate Quinn’s mom died unexpectedly last year, leaving Kate grasping. But when the totally unexpected shows up in her living room, Kate must confront another reality she never thought possible—or thought of at all. Moving in with a politically powerful family she never knew she had, joining a presidential campaign in support of a man she barely knows, and falling for a rebellious boy who may not have the purest motives—this is Kate’s new life. But who is Kate? When what she truly believes flies in the face of the campaign’s talking points, Kate must decide. Does she turn to the family she barely knows, the boy she knows but doesn’t necessarily trust, or face a third, even scarier option?

Set against a backdrop of politics and family conflict, this is a story of personal responsibility, delicious, complicated romance, and trying to discover who you are even as everyone tells you who you should be.

5

5 comments:

  1. OOOh! This book sounds really good. I love all of the different fonts in this cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great - I'm adding to my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this a few weeks ago, the first thing that caught my eyes was the stunning cover. And the synopsis sounds soo great. And kind of unique compared to the books I usually read.
    Great pick, here's mine: http://reading-is-dreaming-with-open-eyes.blogspot.hu/2014/08/waiting-on-wednesday-9-stay-with-me-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, this one is definitely one I want to read! lol, I just think its going to be really cool, and different from the usual YA fare. Thanks for sharing!
    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound really good. There aren't so many YA books that feature politics, and My Life Next Door was an interesting exception and a great book!
    Adding to the TBR :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)