Books are more than a words

Dec 17, 2013

What I've just read: Fracture me by Tahereh Mafi

 

Fracture me (Shatter me 2.5)
Pages: 68
Order: Amazon
My rating: 4 Stars *maybe 3.5*
Summary:
As Omega Point prepares to launch an all-out assault on The Reestablishment soldiers stationed in Sector 45, Adam's focus couldn't be further from the upcoming battle. He's reeling from his breakup with Juliette, scared for his best friend's life, and as concerned as ever for his brother James's safety. And just as Adam begins to wonder if this life is really for him, the alarms sound. It's time for war.
On the battlefield, it seems like the odds are in their favor—but taking down Warner, Adam's newly discovered half brother, won't be that easy. The Reestablishment can't tolerate a rebellion, and they'll do anything to crush the resistance . . . including killing everyone Adam has ever cared about.


My thoughts.

To be completely honest, I don't know what to think about this one.
It wasn't that it wasn't good, but I was expecting something more exciting.
Tahereh's writing is as gorgeous and touching as always, but in some way I couldn't truly connect with Adam.
I did surprise me once, because we never knew what happened with Adam and the others when Juliette was busy being killed by Anderson. And what happened was devasting and so sad, but that didn't help to the fact that Adam is not as swoon-worthy as Warner.
I was shocked to see that Kenji saved the story and did seem to care more about Juliette than Adam, but poor Adam, I understand how was he feeling. I understand him, and I love him and I hope he has his happy ending.
But... I feel so sad to say that I enjoyed more the excerpt from Ignite me that the actual novella. I don't know what really happened, this wasn't what I expected.

1

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I love how Tahereh can write each character so differently and so with their own voice, but yeah, I just didn't connect with Adam at all. I can't believe I'm rooting from Warren so much... mindboggling!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)