Books are more than a words

Sep 24, 2013

Cover Wars #12: Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi


 
Cover war is a blog segment where I present you the battle among the covers of the same book. It was an idea of Samee @ I want to read that.

This week "Into the Still Blue" war.
 
       


 


Summary.
Add to GOODREADS.      
Their love and their leadership have been tested. Now it's time for Perry and Aria to unite the Dwellers and the Outsiders in one last desperate attempt to bring balance to their world. The race to the Still Blue has reached a stalemate. Aria and Perry are determined to find this last safe-haven from the Aether storms before Sable and Hess do-and they are just as determined to stay together. Meanwhile, time is running out to rescue Cinder, who was abducted by Hess and Sable for his unique abilities. And when Roar returns to camp, he is so furious with Perry that he won't even look at him, and Perry begins to feel like they have already lost. Out of options, Perry and Aria assemble a team to mount an impossible rescue mission-because Cinder isn't just the key to unlocking the Still Blue and their only hope for survival, he's also their friend. And in a dying world, the bonds between people are what matter most. In this final book in her stunning Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi raises the stakes to their absolute limit and brings her epic love story to an unforgettable close.  

 


I still haven't read the second book in this trilogy, but I have to admit that I read Under the never sky, simply because I loved the cover a lot!
Sadly, the Spanish edition (the one that came to my country) was terrible! 
So, I wanted to see if the last book's has many changes and I found these 3 covers.
The 1st is the German cover, the 2nd is the UK cover and the 3rd is the US one.
I really like the three of them, but since I already know the story, I think that the US cover is the one that match the most. Plus, to be honest is the one that makes me want to read the book.
What do you think? 

 
 Well, I already said that. 
For me the winner is the US cover! 
Is perfect!

 
3

3 comments:

  1. The US cover is also my fave! I'm not sure I've seen this one in Spain but will have to look and see what cover did we get here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often prefer the non-US covers, but I like the way the US one has the aether on it. I think the German one is a little generic and the UK one looks more like a contemporary…

    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cover wars and looking at foreign editions of the same book. It's always interesting to see what aspects get played up in another country and it was kind of upsetting when I didn't realize, at first, where Goodreads had moved the Other Editions section to.

    I'm going to have to disagree with you on this choice :P. I'm curious now what the Spanish edition looked like. Why do you think the US cover matches the story the most? Because it shows Perry and Aria and the story has both PoVs? But what about their inaccurate clothing o.O? I kind of like the German cover the most - despite the so pretty colors and font of the UK one - because it seems to me like the best portrayal of the book and Aria's growth and blossoming and all that good stuff. Why does it make you want to read the book?

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a link to your blog so I can go say hello :)